A traditional and formal style, usually for grand ceremony / wedding reception
- As it usually being served on a rounded table – it is believed to bring a good fortune and happiness when get everyone seated together, especially family.
- Each guest has a dedicated plate for the food being served.
- Usually being arranged to be seated with familiar people – family or friends, it makes you happier to enjoy the meal with people that you know.
- Can avoid long queue to take the food as the meal will be served on the table.
- The price is based on the owner’s order and usually cheaper.
- The food can be presented in a creative way or following the theme of the wedding reception.
- Easier to control the scene, most of the guests will be seated at arranged tables.
- Guests are free to choose their favourite dishes and take appropriate amount of food.
- Guests can freely mingle around and with the people at the same table.
- Usually higher cost for the event venue – hotel ballroom etc.
- Need service staff to serve / refill drinks and collect the empty plates.
- Food choices are sometimes limited and hardly match with the requirement.
- Limited time/chance to communicate between owner and guests as everyone will be seated at the arranged tables.
An informal etiquette, warm and lively occasions
- The price is based on the amount of the owner’s order, depending on the head counts, sometimes can be cheaper.
- Only need few serving person to take care of the catering.
- The food bar can be presented creatively, according to the wedding theme. The owner can serve their own additional food to the bar as well.
- The time is free to cooperate, as long as the food still available, the guests can freely refill and enjoy the food.
- Guests can freely choose their favourite dishes and take appropriate amount of the food.
- Guests are freely mingle around, with the owner and other guests.
- The scene of the event might not be too grand.
- Hardly to have a proper stage for performance etc.
- Need a bigger space to serve the buffet table and need to consider the arrangement for the queue of the guests.
- Might have insufficient food if the guests turn up to be more than the expected guests.
- Certain food might gone quickly and leaving later guests with not much choices to enjoy.